So the night before Thanksgiving and I thought I would blog about what I’m thankful for throughout my journey this far!
“Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.” Ephesians 5:20
I’m thankful for…
* this opportunity to help a family expand, both in number and ❤️
* a healthy baby boy who was moving around a lot yesterday!
* my last estrace pill today
* my last progesterone shot on Sunday!
* the beginnng of relief from first trimester symptoms!
* the freedom in this country and state to give me the opportunity and honor of being a gestational carrier
* the opportunities we have had to share our story and bring hope to others
“I thank my God always when I remember you in my prayers.” Philemon 1:4
* my husband for being so supportive of this journey!!
* my kids who also support me and are so excited to be a part of this journey!
* Tory & Travis being so trusting to let me carry this little guy til he’s ready to meet them!
* my friends who have supported me from the very beginning of this crazy journey (Jocelyn, Beth, Allie, Jon, Kelly, Emily, Lisa, Autumn)
* my mother-in-law for being so supportive even though it took a little bit to digest what I was doing 😂
* Heather for pushing me and cheering me on to be physically ready for this pregnancy, labor and getting my post-baby health back!
* all the followers of our blog – Thank you!
* to our friends who have reached out to me in support of my being a surrogate via phone calls, texts, emails or comments to our blog posts or when I see you- thank you!
At Thanksgiving and other times throughout this fall I have felt so blessed to be in the position I am in. I know not everyone who knows what I’m doing is supportive. And that’s OK! I know that what I am choosing to do has been a big open door as a gift from God. He has closed the door to this opportunity so many times over the last 10 years that He would have closed it again if he didn’t think it was right for me. And He very widely let that door open and things fall into place, hopefully all for His glory.
I wish you all a very blessed and Happy Thanksgiving!